Jude’s English skills have come along nicely since his first word “banana” about 6-8 months ago. Jude now speaks in complete sentences, such as “I want to go to the beach,” and “Mom, the baby has poop in his pants! That’s funny,” and “Where did Aunt Heather and Uncle Josh go?” Below are a few notable Jude-isms that help his parents know exactly what is on his mind:
- How about. He says it in front of just about everything to express his desires. As in, “how about milk? How about candy? How about read a book?”
- Dump it out. That is to say, “I want to help prepare food with mom or dad, specifically in the blender or mixer.”
- Milky. Aka milk. Not sure why he calls it this but I suspect it’s a bad influence at daycare
- One three, one three, one three, five! This is how Jude counts
- Have it in the microwave. Jude love his milky, but if it isn’t at least ceremonially and momentarily placed in the microwave, it isn’t yet ready to drink.
- BIG (barrel voiced with hands wide open) … *little* (tiny voice with fingers pinched together). Followed by infectious belly laugh.