Andy and Joanne recently moved to Tampa, FL for a big promotion. We visited them a few weeks ago and saw Myakka State Park (closer than the Everglades). Below, we're crossing a "canopy walk" in the trees. We also saw gators, wild pigs, and about a hundred hungry turkey vultures. We also visited the Tampa Bellamy's favorite coffee shop, Sumatra Coffee, and enjoyed a great iced mocha. Late night the next day we visited a highly rated coffee shop close to USF with the worlds most expensive coffee. I won't revel the name, but I did submit a clever review here. In addition to coffee, Andy, Joanne, Rachel, and Rob intricately carved pumpkins for a few hours and ate very good BBQ at a local dive. Fun times all around. If you're wondering what to do one weekend, go visit Andy and Joanne in Tampa. I'm sure they would be happy to have visitors.
Canopy Walk, leading to a scary-high observation tower
- View from the scary-high observation tower. Rachel felt dizzy
- Myakka pictures: guidebook to Myakka, Andy with four of the hundred turkey vultures, Rob and Rachel posing, gator and marsh
- Very Amazing Carved Pumpkins, part 1 and part 2
- Andy and Joanne torture their cat - graphic image
- Sumatra Coffee in Tampa
The best part about Houston is the people
- Corn maze and kettle corn, part of our little "Octoberfest"
- Jackson has hops, at the beach
- Desi and Jeff - recently engaged - at the Yragui reunion. Congratulations!
- Rachel's birthday weekend - a trip to Stumptown's new Seattle location